Storm Alert Inc. Software Forum

Go Back   Storm Alert Inc. Software Forum > Weather Stations/Instruments Classifieds > Weather Stations

Unread 02-09-2006, 11:19 PM

Question Vantage Pro2 Plus

Greetings,

After using a Peetbros Ultimeter 2000 since 1998 I am considering getting a new station and from what I have been reading and people's opinions I believe I will go with the new Vantage Pro2 Plus.

The one thing I am not sure about is if I should go with the cabled or the wireless version. I like the wireless idea but I have concerns of interference from ham radio as my wife is getting in to that. When I look at the unimount of sensors I am not sure if the anemometer can be separated and mounted by itself, especially the wireless version. I need to raise my anemometer about 30 feet to clear the tree line and I don't want the rest of the sensors that high.

If any one on this board would like to give me their opinions on the weather station and the two versions (cabled vs wireless) it would be appreciated.

Regards,

Chris
OzarkWeatherNet
Unread 02-15-2006, 06:13 PM

Re: Vantage Pro2 Plus

Chris,

I have a Vantage Pro2 Wireless and it works great. I run UHF, VHF and HF off the same tower my station is on. After running an older cabled version I really like the wireless, the only thing that worries me is out daily lightning storms here, but it can zap any of them wireless or not..

Also the Vantage uses Spread Spectrum so I think it would be hard to interfere with its transmissions.

And yes the anemometer is wired so you can mount it higher if you wish.

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Elliott
Greetings,

After using a Peetbros Ultimeter 2000 since 1998 I am considering getting a new station and from what I have been reading and people's opinions I believe I will go with the new Vantage Pro2 Plus.

The one thing I am not sure about is if I should go with the cabled or the wireless version. I like the wireless idea but I have concerns of interference from ham radio as my wife is getting in to that. When I look at the unimount of sensors I am not sure if the anemometer can be separated and mounted by itself, especially the wireless version. I need to raise my anemometer about 30 feet to clear the tree line and I don't want the rest of the sensors that high.

If any one on this board would like to give me their opinions on the weather station and the two versions (cabled vs wireless) it would be appreciated.

Regards,

Chris
OzarkWeatherNet
http://alawx.com
Unread 02-21-2006, 03:41 PM

Thanks for the useful information, this what I was curious about

Chris
Unread 11-24-2009, 10:21 AM

Thumbs up

I Also have a Davis vantage pro 2 . Love it. My dad did alot of research he run alot of the higher hf bands where asi'm only vhf . Good Luck too you.
American Radio Relay League,
National Association of Amateur Radio